What Volunteers Do You Recruit?
We periodically recruit volunteers to engage with our clients in holistic treatments, education, project work and social activities like our drop-in. We also employ volunteer counsellors working toward accreditation.
Can I Volunteer?
What Happens Next?
We will keep your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.
The Abbey Regional Addiction Service (ARAS) is a community-based drug & alcohol treatment service for over 18’s. ARAS’s vision is that individuals can meet their needs through positive life choices.
ARAS wishes to recruit the following positions:
Job title: Project Worker (3 month fixed term contract)
Reporting to: The Manager
Hours of work: 35 per week
Location: Kildare & West Wicklow
Salary: HSE Project Worker Scale.
- One to one work in a key working and/or counselling capacity
- Experience of working in an addiction service
- Understanding of the National Drugs Strategy; NDRIC Framework, etc.
- Experience of facilitating groups
- Experience of working with other agencies
- Experience of assessments, care-plans, etc.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and knowledge of addictive behaviours and recovery
- Ability to work as part of a team
- IT skills
- Good communication skills
- To facilitate the delivery of initial & comprehensive assessments
- To provide one to one key working support to individuals with substance use problems
- To facilitate the development of care-plans as part of a key working and case-management approach
- To implement evidence-based approaches / programmes.
- To facilitate therapeutic group work
- To make referrals to external and internal programmes/services
- To attend weekly clinical meeting
- To collect and maintain client information in a confidential and professional manner
- To record and update data – both database and hard files
- To develop reports as requested by the manager
- Other duties as directed by line supervisor
A third level qualification in addiction/social care/counselling etc, is essential.
Contract of employment will be for 3 months subject to funding.
Interested candidates should forward their CV along with a cover note to Monica McKenna at email@example.com by 5.00 pm on the 27th of September 2019. The cover note should (500 words maximum) explain how they meet the job description requirements.
Applications will also be accepted by post as follows:
Should you have any other enquiries, please contact Monica McKenna on 045 488670.