Do You Need Help or Treatment for Drug or Alcohol Addiction?

Woman Looking to Future

Image: graur razvan ionut, (click for portfolio)

ARAS Community Addiction Services offer a range of services to help individuals seeking treatment for drug or alcohol addiction.

What if I’m not sure what I need?

For an informal chat you can call in Monday to Friday 10am – 6pm and speak to a member of our reception staff, you can also call ARAS on 045.488.670 or e-mail

How do I go about accessing ARAS services?

At ARAS we understand how difficult it can be to take those first steps when you want advice or information about drug or alcohol addiction and treatment. We aim to respond to all general and referral enquiries as soon as possible, usually the same day or next day. Our reception staff will take some initial details from you, which begins the referral process. We treat all enquiries and information as confidential. If you require specific help your details will be assigned to a project worker and you will receive a call to arrange an appointment for an initial assessment.

What is an Initial Assessment?

Working with ARAS starts with an initial assessment. This is a chance for you to talk with a project worker in confidence to assess where you are now and help you to decide where you want to be.  We normally allow at least an hour for this appointment, which also includes an outline of various treatment options that are offered at ARAS and other possible options available to you with your drug or alcohol addiction.

We encourage everyone who comes to us to talk to someone close to you as the help of friends and family is very important, you will most likely need their support in some way.

Your second appointment is an opportunity to discuss with your project worker what services you would like to avail of to help you with your drug or alcohol addiction, and to create a plan for this.